A couple months ago I posted a quote from Liz Lemon about her ideal man. I recently wrote my own arbitrary list of qualities I hope to someday find existing in one person:
- I want someone who won’t judge me for watching the entire second season of “The Office” in a one weekend. Again.
- I want someone who will pick me up at the airport at 4 a.m. without complaining, coffee in hand.
- I want someone who will take the trouble to save their leftovers from a restaurant because they think I might like them for lunch the next day.
- I want someone who accepts my insecurities while genuinely laughing at my terrible jokes.
- I want someone who hates doing laundry but loves some other chore I can’t stand the very thought of.
- I want someone who disagrees with me but is civil in doing so and won’t just shrug off my opinion.
- I want someone who didn’t think “The Royal Tenenbaums” was humorless and weird and who didn’t totally ‘get’ “Lost In Translation,” either.
- I want someone who likes the quirky movies that I am fully aware are geared toward making money off of my quirky taste, and who readily accepts that business model as well.
- I want someone who is as intelligent as I am but in different ways.
- I want someone who likes going to baseball games in the summer but whose life doesn’t revolve around sports.
- I want someone who will leave me alone once in a while so I can eat junk food while watching “The Biggest Loser” in peace.
- I want someone who doesn’t want anyone else.
- I want someone who makes me a better person.