It occurred to me a few days ago that this week (tomorrow, actually) marks the 3 1/2 year anniversary of this blog’s start. Because I don’t trust myself to notice the date’s significance six months from now, I’ve decided to celebrate now, because that’s a long time to narcissistically chronicle one’s own life for all the internet to see.
This blog started with a series of lists (hence the old “Making lists of other lists” tagline you see up top) but these days most lists I post are music-related. So this week I’m going back to this format with a new list each day.
Today’s list is my First Chicago Summer To-Do List.
- Eat a Chicago hot dog (I can’t believe this hasn’t been crossed off yet. Don’t even start with me, Dennis.)
- Go to Taste of Chicago
See an outdoor concert(Iron & Wine, Millennium Park a few weeks ago!)
- Go to at least
threetwo outdoor festivals (I’ve got one down so far — Rib Fest two weeks ago; May Fest doesn’t count because I never actually made my way into the festival)
- See what the zoo looks like without snow on the ground
- Eat a pizza puff
- Go to Hot Doug’s
- Eat at a Soup Box while it’s also an Ice Box
- Go to the beach (I’m not counting my brief Monstrose Beach stop)
- Fireworks at Navy Pier
- Bike in the city by myself (haven’t worked up to the whole “by myself ” part yet)
- Go to Ravinia
- Visit an arboretum
- Architectural boat tour on the Chicago River (or other boat tour)
- Go see a movie in the park (the park across from my house participates!)
- Visit Happy Village bar & beer garden in Ukrainian Village
- Picnic with Daniel Burnham and my roommates in Graceland Cemetery
- Ride each L line at least one
There’s more that I know I’ve said I’d do that I can’t remember, but let me know if there are any glaring oversights.
Happy half birthday to The Sleeper Hit; if my blog was a college student it’d be getting ready to graduate.