Monday’s list consisted of things I want to do in Chicago this summer; today’s list expands into more long-term goals. Here are some things I want to do at some point in my life:
- Take violin and/or fiddle lessons
- Learn sign language
- Run a 5K
- Learn Spanish or French
- Meet Tina Fey and/or Cameron Crowe
- Finish a feature length screenplay (preferably one that doesn’t suck, which probably means I’ll have to write several)
- Take a sketch writing class at Second City
- Try out for a roller derby team
- Finish reading “Infinite Jest”
- Teach multimedia journalism
Move to a major city Write, direct and edit a movie/film project
- Travel to Paris
- Publish a book
I’ve already got my derby name picked out for when I don’t make the team. (Penny Pain, bitches!) In order to teach multimedia journalism I will probably have to spend a little more of my career being, um, a multimedia journalist, not to mention go to grad school. So, of these, that one’s probably the loftiest goal — even more so than writing a screenplay or publishing a book. But it’s fun to think about, especially for someone who’s still not quite sure what they want to be when they grow up.
What’s on your list? What can you already cross off?