Look how much stuff I just got from the Farmer’s Market! I walk by it every Tuesday morning but I never have cash and/or time to stop. I suck at supporting local agriculture. Today I said, no more.
- One zucchini: $0.40
- One extremely yellow squash: $0.40
- One white eggplant: $0.40
- One pint of heirloom tomatoes, sun gold variety: $3
- One bundle or green onions: $0.75
- One container of raspberries: $4
- One fancy bread item: $5
I probably didn’t need the fancy bread, but it sounded really good and bread guy was friendly enough.
Anyone ever prepared white eggplant before? Can I sautee it? I have no idea.
I am kind of in love with this farmer’s market. It was cheaper than I thought it would be and I am going to try some new things because of it. Also, Lincoln Square on farmer’s market day is kind of like Stars Hollow. There’s a troubadour and everything you guys.