As I posted earlier, I raised a total of $806.80 for my news site. I’ve made some expenditures and have a couple more planned. See below:
Budget available = $806.80
- Vistaprint items: $252.24
500 business cards
20 coffee mugs
50 thank you notes
50 oval stickers
- Graphic design stipend = $50
- Facebook ad budget = $50 ($28 spent so far)
Thanks to Christina, my friend in Columbus, I managed to dig up some massive online coupons for Vista Print. I got $10 off my business card order and half off the entire order.
Yet to spend:
- Camera, plus case, spare battery, and memory card = ~$485
I am really nervous about buying a $450 camera online and having it shipped, but it’s just doesn’t seem to be cost-effective to buy it at a camera store here. I know I need to bite the bullet once I find the best deal I can online.
Once I get the camera, I’ll have less than $50 left. With this remainder, I plan to put my own money toward a couple things:
- Gift cards to local businesses as prizes, spending $50-100 (The Davis, the Book Cellar, Provenance, Wanderer’s Refuge, Cafe Selmarie, Jafer’s Sweets, Maria’s, Golden Crust, First Slice)
- A 1-¼-inch button maker for $190; this is something I can split the use of among my other small-business-owning friends. We plan to host a button-making party and take turns hand-cranking buttons. I have a larger size button maker already, but clearly the 1-¼-inch ones are more trendy.
Sunday I wrote thank-you notes to my donors and sent them business cards, and, depending on their donation level, some 60625 stickers.
I totally underestimated how heavy 20 coffee mugs would be, by the way. I’ve been carrying them home on the train four-to-six at a time.