I am not making new year’s resolutions for 2016, but I am setting some goals. Many of them are writing-related, but not all of them are.
In 2016, I’d like to see the following happen:
- Get bylines in five big wish list publications
- Triple the number of The Sleeper Hit TinyLetter subscribers
- Get a literary agent by summer
- Query 20 publishers by fall
- Have a commitment to publish by the end of the year (even if it’s me, committing to self-publishing)
In non-writing goals, I hope to:
- Adopt a cat
- Keep in closer touch with friends, be it through email, text, or travel
- Bike 500 miles
- Learn to play the ukulele
- Either get the tattoo I’ve been thinking about for my 30th birthday or decide it’s not for me
- Have an additional $3,000 in savings
- Send more mail to loved ones
- Collaborate on at least one creative project with someone whose work I admire (any takers?)
I also hope to stay active with the Rose City Wreckers and keep in great shape, but for the first New Year’s in a long time, I don’t have a weightloss goal/scale number in mind.
What’s on your 2016 agenda/to-do list?